Friday, November 17, 2006

Zephyr




Well I had put the above picture on my orkut profile, but a friend suggested me to change it, because , "it looks too feminine". So I thought of putting this here, ( b'cos very few people visit this blog !)

Ok. Here's the story of three days Zephyr. As I had already predicted; this time it was bigger, more fun , and very competitive !! The zephyr heat was all around in the campus air. And the hostel T-shirts, Posters, Banners, Flags added more to it.

Well , I am interested in writing only about those events in which, I took part :)

Face Painting, Fash P, Sketching , and Cartoon/Caricature making.

Lets forget about face painting, I am not going to take part in it any more !! (not frustated , just fed up )


CARTOON/CARICATURE

We had to make a cartoon or caricature showing any famous world incident (topic was given on the spot). I choosed the easiest one, WTC Attack !!

Since I am not good in making caricatures and cartoons, so just before the competion, I had gone through some of the caricatures in the newspaper and internet, including Osama and Bush, Wow !!


gaurav, me, and bipin

So it was very easy for me to draw their caricatures, and to draw a plane hitting a tall building is a childs play!!.

Well, I didn't get any prize though :(
May be because I made an Australian flag instead of American !!


SPOT SKETCHING : The topic was PEACE

I used a different concept ( not the regular piegon and globe thing ). In fact, I made "my own" sketch.

At my place ( Deoghar, Jharkhand ) there is a famous temple of Lord Shiva. Its full of devotees all the year round. And its always very noisy (bells, mantras , hawans, usual temple fuss , etc )


me and bipin (he shared the first prize with Neha)

But whenever I visit there, I use to sit up at my favourite palce , and try to connect myself to my soul. I find it really very peaceful, and I feel I am closer to myself !

Even though there is so much of noise , but I find eternal peace there, which is obviously greater than rest all other peace (or atleast I think so ! ). I can sit there for hours !! and I do.

So this was the concept. A boy sitting, huge bells, temples, lot of people, pandits, the flower sellers, the vendors , hawan spot, etc. And I had also explained the sketch .

Though I didn't get any prize but I enjoyed drawing "myself" :)


FASH P : Our theme was ROCK/PUNK


It was easy , we only needed lots of body art, chains, rings, and other accessories. And our presentation style was good. Lots of head banging and other actions !!


do I look like the T-shirt guy ??


Upneet -- the guitarist


Pophali - the guitarist


Lokesh -- the vocalist


ganesh -- the guitarist


Avinash -- the cool rap guy


Dhruv -- look at his face !!

Others were Adi and Sushowan -- the drummer, Gaurav and Kushal -- the vocalist and Soumyadeep -- the guitarist. Pictures not put, b'cos of their personal reasons.


And thank God , we got the second prize !!

So this was the end of Zephyr, and I will always remember one thing about it, which I can't write b'cos of my personal reasons :)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure had a great time in your culfest! Abhi padhaai time me padh lo magar...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:41 AM

    zephyr this time as even more interesting and njoyed the 3 days a lot....as for as u r concerned u vry at the vry best of ur creativity....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:06 AM

    vatsa rocks.too gud at everything he does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoz junoon..hehehhe
    lukng gud..bus kapdo ki kami hai..hehehe
    ..jst kidng..

    ReplyDelete