Tuesday, January 23, 2007

sympathy

This morning when I woke up, I saw something and a poem ran across my mind.


I lay in sorrow deep distress

My grief a proud man heard

His looks were cold , he gave me gold

but not a pleasant word.


My sorrow passed and I paid him back

The gold he gave to me

Then stood erect and spoke my thanks

and blessed his charity.


I lay in sorrow deep distress

My grief a poor man heard

He wound my head , he gave me bread,

he watched me night and day.


My sorrow passed

But how shall I pay him back,

what he has done for me..


Oh! Gold is great
but greater far in heavenly sympathy!


You must be wondering why this poem ? Or infact why any poem ? Ok, I will tell you.

Last night while playing basketball, I got a cramp on my right leg, and was unable to walk. My leg got swollen up, but somehow I managed to come back to my hostel.

I was sitting in my room and without even asking for anything Uday brought me some iodex, and Ashok and Dhruv some painkillers.

And this morning or should I say afternoon (it was 12:30 P.M.) when I woke up, I saw Uday carrying some food in his hand. It was the special* lunch (served in our mess).Yes it was for me. He said, “Oye, khaa le “ .And it was this time when the poem ran through my mind....


*its basant panchami so a special lunch in our mess.

6 comments:

  1. Get well soon. And take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ye kya tha ashok ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh god why hav i missed tht accident:)

    p.s get well

    ReplyDelete
  4. My father recalled a line of this poem tonight 50 years ago when he was in primary school. When I googled a line of it your blog came up. Do you know who the poet is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @anu : don't know yaa....i read dis when i was in 1st or 2nd class..

    once u find the poet, tell me also :)

    ReplyDelete