Wednesday, March 07, 2007

PS Fuss

Lot of fuss is going around in the campus regarding the PS1 Stations. At the end of fourth semester, students have to do some fifty days training sort of thing in some company. It’s actually a 5 unit course.

The PS1 list is out and we have to fill our preference order and submit it before 10th march. Generally students prefer companies located in their home town, or some toppers opt out for the best company, and few even choose, keeping in mind that the place is cool enough to spend the summer there!

There are so many companies and places, that people often get confused in deciding priorities. In fact there are 210 PS1 Stations, and one has to fill all of them in the preference form. A tough job! Friends say something; seniors share their own experiences, relatives call you to their places and of course mom and dad wants you to be with them.

So the fuss is all about the priorities, and which PS Station is good? , and what is the cut off for good companies? , and all sort of questions like “my cg is 7.87, will I get Accenture , banglore ?”, “ yaar, my cg is too less, do you think I will get a PS in Delhi ?”

And I am no exception! I too am confused, and not able to stick to one decision. But anyways, it doesn’t matter much. People say, you do it in BARC (Mumbai) or you do it in some maternity hospital in Rampur, it’s the same thing. But of course self esteem and personal satisfaction also plays a role, isn’t it?

But students like me, with an average C.G. (cumulative grade) cannot expect BARC or Accenture or any other big companies. I only wish that I get a PS with my friend (similar C.G.) so that I don’t get bored and can enjoy my PS1.

No comments:

Post a Comment