Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Face painting






Days are going fine. Today was the face painting competition. It was exciting, although I didn’t get any prize. My model was Pranjal. Last night I had painted his face with poster colors, and made him look like a monster. This was just for practice but Pranjal had different plans.

At night, when the painting was completed, Pranjal thought of making someone afraid.

All of our friends were sleeping with their rooms locked. By chance Soumyadeep had left his door open. He was really unlucky. Pranjal slowly went to his room; Soumya was in sound sleep.

Pranjal opened Soumya’s both eyes forcefully, and then there was a huge cry. Oh God! It was pathetic. He literally cried and carried such expressions which we had never seen before. He was too much afraid. I interrupted other wise he would have fainted. This was crazy; Pranjal and I couldn’t control our laughter for hours.

The time was around 4a.m. We had one more theme to paint, but both of us were tired. So we slept. At 10a.m. we started again. This one was also good and we decided to finalize it for the competition.

The competition was organized in girls dining hall. On reaching there we came to know that any number of teams can participate form each hostel. Doesn’t matter, at least we were there. Then the next surprise, we were a given a theme there... Oh, what a shit! I didn’t know it was on the spot.

The theme was nature. Thank God it was not much difficult. I planned the concept and started painting. Every thing went fine.

While I was painting I heard some comments, may be from seniors, “At least this time juniors are going to win”, and may be pointing towards me. Some others too praised my face painting and said mine was the best. That of course brought a smile on both of ours face.

Everyone finished and then was the time to judge. I looked at the other participants. All were good and colorful. But I felt that we had a fairer chance, at least a third prize.

The respected judge judged too fast, she didn’t take even a minute. God! It was horrible. She didn’t even look at Pranjal for more than three seconds. Mind you three, not even four. Same was the case with others. There were no less then 10 contestant, and a minute? But she was the judge.

So the first second and the third prizes were announced and we were not there. We lost it.
Doesn’t matter much, I was happy as I had done well. May be the winners had done better.

Pranjal was bit frustrated, and said “It’s of no use, the prizes are already planned, it is fixed. There is nothing we can do about it”. “Alright, calm down.” said I; but I knew that it was unfair. You would have believed me if you were there.

At last what matters is that you participated, tried and you are happy.

1 comment:

  1. Great face painting. This is much better than what I had done in Saarang last year.

    A small tip which might fetch you a prize the next time you paticipate: Try using the features present on the face to present actual structures. Got my point? For example, disguising the nose in form of a hill.

    Yeah and all that matters is indeed that you tried and were happy. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete