Friday, November 25, 2005

Mr. A.K. Biswas

Mr. A.K.Biswas – our respected and friendly Physics professor.

I bet no one can escape stomach ache due to laughter if one attends his class. His style is very different and strange.
Once he gave a question in mechanics which was somewhat complex. He noticed me talking and called me to solve it on the board. I don’t know how but I solved it correctly. Since then he was much impressed.
Once he said, “Ankit Vatsa is the captain of the class”. Obviously I felt proud.

Due to my nice impression he once called me to his chamber and enquired which physics books had I read before. At that moment nothing came to my mind. I said Resnick Haliday and Walker, though I had never seen it before. He said “I guess this physics book is too easy for you, isn’t it?” I nodded and he handed me two hi- fi mechanics books and told me to have a look at them.
Unwillingly I looked at them and while I was going through, he said “you can take it for some time.” They were in my room for days together and I never opened them. In mini-tests I mostly got 10/10 so the impression was maintained.

Once in physics class Mr. Biswas was in middle of some derivation. All of a sudden he stopped and asked me to draw a portrait of Hari Charan (a fellow student). I was surprised. He insisted, “Come on Ankit, please come and draw it”. I asked, “Sir, how do u know that I can sketch? And it is difficult to sketch on board, it won’t resemble”. “Doesn’t matter Ankit, come fast and draw it”.
I couldn’t help it. I went to the board and drew a funny human face which hardly resembled Hari Charan. Whole class started laughing along with me and Mr. Biswas.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post dude!! brings back a lot of (g)old(en), fond memories.... BTW i think u cudn't recognise me.. i'm puneeth chaganti

    ReplyDelete