Friday, November 25, 2005

The unexpected !

Once while having dinner with my friends, the power supply went off. All the students started howling and banging the table. I stood up and went to the last row as I felt no one was sitting there and I could bang even louder. I banged the table three – four times as hard as I could. And then came back to join my friends, I went and banged the second time. But this time, to my surprise, someone caught my hand. I didn’t know him. He seemed to be a professor.

“Cant you see that I am having dinner here”.

I was ashamed, “sorry sir, it’s dark and I thought that no one is sitting here”.

He said nothing and I left. I was sure he had recognized me even in the little light. As I had expected he called me the next day. He was a physics professor, Mr. Bharve. He didn’t talk aboutt the last night and was not at all angry; instead he talked to me in a friendly manner. We talked about each other for an hour or so. He asked my hobbies, my routine, about my friends, the sports I love and about my talents. I felt happy and talked to him freely. I apologized to him again for the last night's incident. He said it was fine. He told me about his friends and his life.

He said, “One of my friends is very good in sketching. He can draw a portrait just in few seconds.” “Sir, I too can draw portraits, may be not as good as your friend”, I said. Knowing this he asked me to draw a portrait of Mr. A.K.Biswas, my physics professor. I think he shared everything with Mr. Biswas who was his good friend.

1 comment: