Friday, November 25, 2005

Setting up in the college

After seeing the campus I became unhappy as the campus of IIT Madras was still fresh in my mind, I felt sad that I landed up here. I hadn’t mingled with students as they were with their parents.

For the first few days it was very boring. During those days while having lunch and dinner in the mess, other newcomers thought that I was a senior (as I was alone). So I had some fun with them.

The first three friends I made were Dhruv, Soumyadeep and Lokeshwar. In the beginning we four had planned to do many things together, (like hunting for girls). By then the ragging also started in the campus. Since the campus was only a year old, we had only one batch of seniors; we didn’t have that hell of the experience of ragging. The inexperienced seniors were afraid and to be honest there was nothing at all.

Soon the classes started, and I started bunking Thermodynamics lecture from day one. I still think that they are of no use unless there is a test in the lecture. The first two friends I noticed in my class were Uday and Kushal. Unluckily Kushal was assigned some other class but for few days he sat in our class. Next friend which I made was Ankit Bamri. And since then we three attend classes together, if we attend them!

I soon started knowing other students also. In the beginning it was really hard to remember the names of all the persons I met but soon I managed it.

The hunt for girls was still on. We tried talking to girls, first of them being Aakriti, Neha and Akshita. We talked to them for a while and even took their contact numbers. We also planned to go out somewhere but it was too early.

Next were Sucharita, Shuchita and Abhishikta and the last were Pavani and Chavvi. Further we never tried talking to any strange girl. Around this time I got some hints that I was itching some of the seniors as well as some newcomers. I didn’t know WHY? In the beginning many recognized me by my long and little brownish hair. Even senior girls used the phrase “the boy with long brown hairs” in their talks. Now I was more familiar with the college.

New friends Aditya, Abhinav, Govil, Ashok, Jaspreet, Pranjal, and Prannoy came in my life. Lokesh Harnal came little later. I had also made friends with some seniors. My first crush was A******, lucky girl! I forwarded messages to her two-three times and asked for further permission. She wrote back “don’t message me from now on”. I stopped after two-three more messages. Soon my crush was crushed and I was free again.

6 comments:

  1. Dude!

    Nice post, but take one suggestion. Try your best to abstain from revealing NAMES of people in your blog specially when you are writing about things like 'crushes'. A blog is indeed a personal space, but people might find themselves offended at times. Why do that?

    Hope you will make the necessary changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok dear brother.I have made the necessary changes and would be careful from now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:49 AM

    dfgjfjkg,.ll;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:51 AM

    sorry for previous one well a good attempt i wd like u 2 continue as long as possible

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanx anonymous. i wonder when would i come to know u!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and one more thing Anony.. what do u mean by "a good attempt" its my hobby and nothing else..
    yes i like if people read my blog..but that doesnt mean i write blog for others..

    ReplyDelete