Friday, November 25, 2005

She-friends

Soumyadeep introduced me and Dhruv to Sucharita. She is a simple girl with good looks.

“Hi, I am Ankit and you are Sucharita, right?” I had said.

She had nodded.

All of us were confused regarding her name, was it Su-charita (good picture) or Su-charitra (good character). Dhruv asked her the meaning of her name. She reacted as if many have asked this question to her before and she was fed up giving answers to everyone. Though, she was pained, she did explain the meaning of both the names and said that she was Su-charita.

“I think you are both” then I paused for a while and said, “No, you are only one, which one?”

She was dumb for a while and said softly “that’s up to me to decide”.

Soumyadeep got little frustrated and was worried about his impression rather than ours. He was attracted towards her since his first talk. I think the chemistry clicked because both are Bengali. I talked to her on phone, for Soumyadeep. She was not at all angry and sounded friendly.

Nidhi, a sweet friend, was introduced to us, by Sucharita. Soon we five became good friends and shared many things. I even told them about my feelings for A*****. They suggested me to talk to her directly.

One night, Dhruv and me were talking a walk after dinner in front of GH1 (Girls hostel 1) and GH3 (Girls hostel 3). It was dark; the post lamp was switched off. Then Dhruv noticed A***** & Akshita walking. They were ahead of us. I was not sure whether she was A*****, but the height and the figure convinced me that she was A*******.

“Have a bet she is A*****, go and talk to her, I am with you”, said Dhruv.

“I agree, but I will talk to her some other day”.

Somehow I made myself strong enough to talk to her then. I went ahead; Dhruv was with me which gave me some strength. I said in a single tone, “excuse me, are you still angry with me?”

She turned back and to my great surprise she was a strange senior. I couldn’t think what to say. But she saved me by saying “Why should I be angry with you and by the way the T-shirt you painted is really cool”.

I thanked her and left. Dhruv and I laughed too much for it and when we shared it with friends they made fun of me and laughed too much. And I also wanted to add that Lokeshwar is somewhat different from others. He sometimes comes with us sometimes he can’t be seen for days.

And then came Sucharitha’s birthday. She invited me, Soumya and Dhruv. We had a nice lunch at Panjim and then we did some shopping .while in the return journey we played anthakshari (singing game) I enjoyed it a lot.

3 comments:

  1. I see that you are indeed capable of writing things which make one read till the end.

    So you are chilling out there! Good. And by the way WHAT t shirt did you paint?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment. I had painted a part of chess board and written "where the journey begins" &
    BITS PILANI- GOA.

    It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you will be getting the t-shirt to deoghar when you come!

    Did you by any chance see the 'set-me-free' tshirt I had painted this semester?

    ReplyDelete