Thursday, June 21, 2007

10 days of PAIN

I was trying to get internet connection for the last 10 days. First option was to get net through cable (sify, tata or reliance). But all of them asked for installation charges around 1000-1500 buks, plus the monthly rental! That was too much , I needed it only for a month.

Second was to get it through landlines or walky phones, but that too involved high initial cost.

And the last option was to activate GPRS on my phone and get connection from idea. This worked , but hey , this was not easy !!

IDEA - They have no idea !

The idea call center sucks big time. They say any bull shit, to end the conversation and cut the line. These fucking people know only one to say..." sir please wait for next 24hrs", and every time ... next 24hrs, next 24hrs !! What the fuck !! 7 days passed but still, I didn't get my GPRS settings.

Finally a less fucked up call center fucker, advised me to go to the idea head office and get the settings done manually. But as I said all are same, the fucker gave me the wrong address.

I went to the head office , and the person loaded the settings in just 5 minutes!

And it was awesome. I couldn't believe that I was using Google in my 3k phone (LG B2050). I also checked my mail, opened my blog (though it didn't open up properly, because of less memory in my phone), checked my yahoo mail, sent a mail, and surfed some mobile compatible sites.

Finally it felt good, very good ! I was excited :)


Problem with the Data Cable

I bought one USB Data cable (with instalation CD), but it didn't work ! The drivers and modem were for serial port Data Cable. No return !

Next day, I bought a Serial Data Cable (with driver and modem CD). It has all the phone drivers and modem except for the serial port cable! Luckily I had the previous CD, which has the required drivers and modem. And after playing too much with the settings and all, I finally connected it to my PC!

I also got the USB data cable drivers and modem, but then I realized that the USB cable is loose, and so it won't work!

Finally I have net connection in my home. Though its slow (115.2 Kbps) and Google talk gets disconnected every now and then, but I am happy, because last night I had lost all hopes, and now this fine morning, I did it !

8 comments:

  1. One gets to know what happiness is only when one has seen pain. :P

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. abey tujhe gprs ki kya jaroorat...tujhe toh apne ps me net mil raha hai...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey yeah .. its really a pain in the ass talking to these call center guys. Last summer, I too had a similar experience. You could have got AIRTEL - "connect"ing People. Its installation and settings are pretty easier than an IDEA. lolzzzz... anyways congrats. now atleast i can see a new post daily on your blog. he he...

    ReplyDelete
  4. and dude the new template is good but change the order of the PREVIOUS POSTS from latest to ancient..

    ReplyDelete
  5. wazup i had a similar kinda of problem with my hutch number.i had to submit documents three times

    ReplyDelete
  6. i second avinashsonee (about the blog part). . .
    the last I heard, nokia pc suite had all the drives shipped along with it only. . no need for external ones, in case u have a nokia handset, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:19 PM

    wat shud i say..? mite sound d most dumb...bt nvr knew 1 can get an access 2 intrnt thru mobile..
    heheheh
    nor dat it involves so much of pain...
    u added 1 more thng 2my fact file widout xprncng it..heheheh
    keep it up..!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @smriti : hehehhe..tum bhi na!!

    ReplyDelete