Friday, July 11, 2008

The First Week @ Yahoo

It's a Friday night, and I am just back from my office (sounds so strange..office!). Anyways, I am feeling relieved today, I won't have to get up early for next two days :) Oh, I am not sure but I heard that some communal riots took place or going on in some areas in Bangalore, and so the company bus left 10 minutes prior, as a precautionary measure ;)

**********************************

I have already written about the fun part in Yahoo. Now lets turn towards some serious stuffs. The team under which I am doing my internship works on web platforms which supports services like blog, mail, videos, maps, etc. I myself don't know much about these things, as I am from EEE background :(

So before I begin to do any actual work or undertake any project, I need to go through the basics. Thats what I have been doing, sitting in my cube. The book which I am currently following is Internetworking with TCP-IP Vol1- Principles Protocols and Architecture by Douglas E. Comer. Most of the CSE guys must have read this book as their CDC.

And when I finish this book, I will be reading the volume III, which deals with stock programming. So still, there is some time when I actually start working.

*******************************

There was a surprise for me in store today! I was informed that my Manager Mr. Hemang had requested the department to give me a laptop instead of the PC. And currently I am using that laptop :) Its a HP laptop, 2.4GHz dual core processor, 2GB ram and 80 GB HDD.

I feel pity for my Dell Laptop which is lying in a corner ! :D

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:59 PM

    what the config of ur dell lappy

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ankit : 1.5GHz dual core, 2GB ram, 120GB HDD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:45 AM

    saale why the hell r u nt puttin the testi...kutte new topics daal rha hai voh update nhi kar sakta lekin...kamine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. consider me a friend in need n donate ur dellruba to me... :(

    ReplyDelete