Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Horrible Horoscope

This morning - I woke up, did sleep walk and reached downstairs, grabbed the Bangalore times, turned to page 2 and here it was --

" PISCES February 19- March 19 Its likely that you are still riding high on the waves of enjoyment, yet reality pushes its way back into your consciousness today. You are resistant to change. Avoid the temptation to walk away from your responsibilities to just do something enjoyable. This is an action- packed phase for you."

I read it twice (period). It was not that I didn't get it the first time; it was just too much to absorb at one go ! It was like someone fired at me with a machine gun, while I am still half asleep!

Though reluctantly, but I agreed to this Finolex FORTUNE. The 'waves of enjoyment' is still inside me (as I got Yahoo and a good stipend). And though aware, but still not accepting the reality that I have to work now! For the last three years, it was just little work (study/exams) and all fun and laziness. And who won't resist if there is a change, where you have to get up early, walk for 15 minutes and board your bus at 8:00 AM. Do your work in company and take your bus back at 6:00 PM and reach home at 7:45 ! What a contrast : Almost no work for three years and working five days a week !

I felt a cold shudder, the reality did push its way back into my consciouness.

I was sitting in the company bus, looking outside the window. I saw few teenagers who were playing football. It felt like, the guy is there, playing, and I am going to office! I could have pictured myself in his place just a few days back, but nowww (period) !!

I understood that I am just on the edge of ending up my student/teenage/virtual world and I have already put my first step in the real world. But the thought that I have a semester left, gives me a last chance to bid farewell to the wonderful student life! Of course I believe that every phase has its own meaning and it depends on the person how he spends that phase.

Any how, the philosophy ends here ;) This is really an action-packed phase for me.

PS : Few more things about Yahoo, other than free food court(lunch), we have unlimited badam milk, hot choclate, chips, namkeens, toffees, caffeine. And I had nothing to do today, so played TT for some time. Loved it !

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:50 PM

    gr8 post .thts true we all hav to end our student life one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:10 PM

    Hey dude .. yeah as you said every phase has its meaning and well if we enjoy what we are doing, it doesn't matter in which phase of life we are, coz we are doing what we love or we love what we are doing. Well as Einstein says "Experience is the only source of knowledge." - we have to experience every stage to experience Life. well .. its all blah blah blah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @govil : a typical govil comment! Anyways, i think u really did enjoy readin this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome 2 reality bro :P

    and please do pen abt your exciting ,romantic and action packed journey from chennai to bangalore.i want to hear it from u r point :P :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:18 PM

    Nice post..
    Every PS2ian feelin d same.. WTF PS2..
    how did u frgt no boozing excpt Weekends..hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @shubh : for me .. its not even on weekends :(

    ReplyDelete